- 1Relating to or denoting a system of numbers and arithmetic based on the number ten, tenth parts, and powers of ten: decimal arithmeticMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The advent of decimal arithmetic reduced the need for such tests.
- The number system which was used to express this numerical information was based on the decimal system and was both additive and multiplicative in nature.
- The discovery of the binomial theorem for integer exponents by al-Karaji was a major factor in the development of numerical analysis based on the decimal system.
- 1.1Relating to or denoting a system of currency, weights and measures, or other units in which the smaller units are related to the principal units as powers of ten: decimal coinageMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The uniformity of administrative structures was reflected, later, in the imposition of a national, decimal system of weights, measures, and currency.
- Elaborated between 1790 and 1799, the decimal metric system of weights and measures was zealously promoted under Napoleon.
- Even if your business cannot join the general changeover to decimal money for a while after Decimal Day - February 15-you still need to prepare now for the introduction of decimal currency.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- 1 (also decimal fraction) A fraction whose denominator is a power of ten and whose numerator is expressed by figures placed to the right of a decimal point: write these decimals as vulgar fractionsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We can use arithmetics with different bases, fractions, decimals, logarithms, powers, or simply words.
- How do you convert decimals and percentages to fractions?
- Basic means a level that really does not exceed primary school: fractions, decimals, percentages and ratios.
- 1.1 [mass noun] The system of decimal numerical notation: the computer converts the initial data from decimal to binaryMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The same must well have been true of changing our monetary system to decimal.
- In addition to binary and decimal, computers can also speak in octal and hex.
- Though the entries of the table are in decimal, notation along the rows and columns is in hexadecimal.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Metric units are related decimally.
- He also suggested a standard linear measurement, which he called the mille, based on the length of the arc of one degree of longitude on the Earth's surface and divided decimally.
- The infantry were organized decimally in units of a thousand, with a company and section structure under designated officers.
early 17th century: from modern Latin decimalis (adjective), from Latin decimus 'tenth'.
Más definiciones de decimalDefinición de decimal en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.