- 1 Astronomy The angular distance of a point north or south of the celestial equator: the declination of Arcturus is 19 degrees north Compare with right ascension and celestial latitude.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Also every month, the Moon will reach its minimum declination at 18 north or south.
- To calculate the distance we need to know the declination of the sun on a given day.
- Consistently, equinoctial markers and alignments were made to an declination well over half a degree to the north.
- 1.1The angular deviation of a compass needle from true north (because the magnetic north pole and the geographic north pole do not coincide).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The compass needle and a knowledge of magnetic declination, the angle between the magnetic north and geographic north, were developments from this knowledge; they were described by Shen Kua in 1088.
- On the North Rim the difference between map and compass is 15 east, a distinction known as magnetic declination.
- He also studied magnetic declination and was the first to observe the secular variation.
- 2 Linguistics another term for downdrift.
- 3US Formal refusal: [as modifier]: the mandatory vaccine declination formMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The actual declination letter disappeared from the file.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Important also are planets that make contrasting declinational aspects versus the natal chart.
- This constituent expresses the effect of departure from a sinusoidal declinational motion.
- By examining the declinational placements of the planets in your chart, you should find strengths you missed by looking only to the zodiacal signs and houses.
late Middle English: from Latin declinatio(n-), from the verb declinare (see decline).
Más definiciones de declinationDefinición de declination en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.