- 1A concentrated liquor resulting from heating or boiling a substance, especially a medicinal preparation made from a plant: a decoction of a rootMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Patients were given herbs and taught how to make decoctions, or the decoctions were prepared by the herbalist and given to the patient using an assortment of recycled bottles.
- Witch hazel decoctions are easily found on the shelf of most pharmacies, yet the literature available regarding its efficacy and mechanisms of action is limited.
- You may simmer tougher herbal roots and barks to make them into decoctions, another form of water extract.
- 1.1 [mass noun] The action or process of extracting the essence of something: decoction is used for woody plant material such as roots and barkMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Some of these methods such as the detoxification of aconite by preparing it with salt and/or long…decoction are a mainstay of TCM practice.
- Medicinal plants are predominantly wildcrafted and dispensed mainly by decoction, although prepared formulas are given.
late Middle English: from late Latin decoctio(n-), from decoquere 'boil down' (see decoct).
Más definiciones de decoctionDefinición de decoction en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.