- 1 [mass noun] Medicine The failure of an organ (especially the liver or heart) to compensate for the functional overload resulting from disease.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The major contributing factor for heart failure decompensation was medication lapses.
- Patients with chronic liver disease and signs of decompensation should be assessed for transplantation before they become critically ill.
- We excluded patients with hepatitis B, HIV infection, or hepatic decompensation.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘This is a significant finding from a large population of patients and will certainly aid in the development of guidelines for treating patients with acute decompensated heart failure,’ said Abraham.
- The single most expensive diagnosis in the U.S. health care system, acutely decompensated heart failure, represents 1 million primary and 2.5 million secondary hospital admissions annually.
- A complete diagnosis should include the cause of the liver disease and determine if the patient has decompensated liver disease.
Más definiciones de decompensationDefinición de decompensation en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.