Definición de deconsecrate en inglés:
Transfer (a building) from sacred to secular use: the church was deconsecrated in the early nineteenth century
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As St Crumnathy's Cathedral is currently deconsecrated, it is not possible to install Canon Doris into her stall at the moment.
- After the English Reformation, many holy buildings such as tombs, charnel-houses, cloisters and churches were deconsecrated, emptied of their contents, sold away or destroyed.
- It is even more difficult if the conversion involves buying or building on part of a graveyard, where church authorities must deconsecrate the ground.
- Example sentences
- Contemporary Christian writings confirm this sense of degradation by noting that removal of a statue from its sanctuary resulted in automatic deconsecration.
- The property is situated in what was once St Kevin's Church which was built on the site in 1883 and served the local community until its deconsecration in 1983.
- The church, St Kevin's in Portobello, Dublin 8, was built in 1883 and was in use until its deconsecration in 1983.
Definición de deconsecrate en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan