Transfer (a building) from sacred to secular use: the church was deconsecrated in the early nineteenth century
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As St Crumnathy's Cathedral is currently deconsecrated, it is not possible to install Canon Doris into her stall at the moment.
- After the English Reformation, many holy buildings such as tombs, charnel-houses, cloisters and churches were deconsecrated, emptied of their contents, sold away or destroyed.
- It is even more difficult if the conversion involves buying or building on part of a graveyard, where church authorities must deconsecrate the ground.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Contemporary Christian writings confirm this sense of degradation by noting that removal of a statue from its sanctuary resulted in automatic deconsecration.
- The property is situated in what was once St Kevin's Church which was built on the site in 1883 and served the local community until its deconsecration in 1983.
- The church, St Kevin's in Portobello, Dublin 8, was built in 1883 and was in use until its deconsecration in 1983.
Definición de deconsecrate en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda