Definición de dedifferentiate en inglés:
verbo[no object] Biology
(Of a cell or tissue) undergo a reversal of differentiation and lose specialized characteristics: some types of human cells dedifferentiate in culture, becoming primitive, unspecialized cells
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For example, they found that the proliferating cells dedifferentiated, meaning they temporarily lost the characteristics of mature heart muscle cells and reverted to a more fetal type of proliferating cell.
- By manipulating niche signals, they could make the stem cells differentiate, then dedifferentiate again.
- The search for compounds to differentiate and dedifferentiate (specialize and despecialize) stem cells is accelerating due to advances in biotechnology for growing and screening cells.
- Example sentences
- This probably reflects the presence of stem cells in the nail bud rather than cell dedifferentiation.
- Our case could be an example of such a dedifferentiation.
- In the presented tumor, there was no indication for dedifferentiation.
Definición de dedifferentiate en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan