Definición de dedifferentiate en inglés:
verbo[no object] Biology
(Of a cell or tissue) undergo a reversal of differentiation and lose specialized characteristics: some types of human cells dedifferentiate in culture, becoming primitive, unspecialized cells
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For example, they found that the proliferating cells dedifferentiated, meaning they temporarily lost the characteristics of mature heart muscle cells and reverted to a more fetal type of proliferating cell.
- By manipulating niche signals, they could make the stem cells differentiate, then dedifferentiate again.
- The search for compounds to differentiate and dedifferentiate (specialize and despecialize) stem cells is accelerating due to advances in biotechnology for growing and screening cells.
- Example sentences
- This probably reflects the presence of stem cells in the nail bud rather than cell dedifferentiation.
- Our case could be an example of such a dedifferentiation.
- In the presented tumor, there was no indication for dedifferentiation.
Definición de dedifferentiate en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan