sustantivo (plural definientia)
- A word, phrase, or symbolic expression used to define something, especially in a dictionary entry, or introducing a word or symbol into a logical system by providing a statement of its meaning. Contrasted with definiendum.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He required of definition that the definiens (the statement of definition) should be synonymous with the definiendum (the expression or concept being defined) but contain no terms in common with it.
- The former is defined, by the ancient logic texts I love, as when a definition uses the same terms in the definiens as in the definiendum.
- The use of the definiens and of the definiendum, violation of a law of nature, both assume that the operation of a law of nature is logically compatible with the occurrence of an exception to its operation.
late 19th century: from medieval Latin, 'defining', present participle of definire (see define).
Más definiciones de definiensDefinición de definiens en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.