1A device that deflects something, in particular:
Oraciones de ejemplo
- All householders receiving the channels via the deflectors from the Comeragh Mountains are asked to attend this important meeting.
- Don't forget you will need a GB sticker and headlight deflectors.
- The answer is simple - French beams merely go up and down without deflecting to one side. The French are similarly bemused as to why we stick beam deflectors on our cars!
1.1A plate or other attachment for deflecting a flow of air, water, heat, etc. an underbody deflector to smooth airflow near the rear suspension [as modifier]: a metal deflector plate to stop the controls getting too hot
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The two-piece deflector plate must be attached using a minimum of four 5/16-inch Grade 8 bolts.
- There were more baffles, ducts, and brackets with metal deflectors to cool that engine than you could imagine.
- The power shower-approved products feature a patented system of magnets along their full-length hinges, and are fitted with integrated deflectors and a barrier bar at the base to prevent water from escaping.
1.2An electrode in a cathode ray tube whose magnetic field is used to deflect a beam of electrons on to a phosphor screen to form an image.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The physical dimensions and spacing of the electrodes are selected to compensate static distortion while the x and y deflectors compensate distortion.
Palabras que riman con deflectorbisector, collector, connector, convector, corrector, defector, detector, director, ejector, elector, erector, hector, injector, inspector, nectar, objector, perfecter, projector, prospector, protector, rector, reflector, rejector, respecter, sector, selector, Spector, spectre (US specter), vector
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: de|flec¦tor
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda