Definición de defrock en inglés:
- Because it is a state church, however, the Lutheran Church cannot defrock him.
- The Dallas resolution made it much easier to defrock a priest for molesting a child.
- An Irish Protestant priest who faced being defrocked for publicly stating he did not believe in the divinity of Christ last night announced his resignation.
- These defrocked workers are retraining for free in the city sponsored center, where they learn computer skills and facial massage.
- In line with the law he was defrocked, and the commandments plaque was removed.
- If you've accepted such behavior in the past and expect to continue this friendship in the future, it's wrong to insist on defrocking your friend.
Early 17th century: from French défroquer, from dé- (expressing removal) + froc 'frock'.
frock from Late Middle English:
This comes from Old French froc, of Germanic origin. The original sense ‘priest's or monk's gown’ is preserved in defrock (late 16th century).
Definición de defrock en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.