sustantivo[mass noun] technical
The action or process of swallowing: the muscles involved in deglutition [count noun]: oesophageal pressure peaks induced by a single deglutition
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The process of deglutition begins with the bolus formation in the oral cavity.
- These are inhibitory reflexes, excited by deglutition, by gastric distension, and by intestinal dilatation.
- Organic abnormalities of deglutition may be related to initiation of the swallowing reflex in the oropharynx or to propulsion of the food bolus through the esophagus.
mid 17th century: from French déglutition or modern Latin deglutitio(n-), from deglutire 'swallow down'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Sudden eruption of the deglutitive phase occurs in states of collapse and shock.
- However incomplete deglutitive relaxation in LES and primary peristaltic waves were detected in several patients with achalasia.
- The proposed muscle strengthening exercise program is effective in restoring oral feeding in some patients with deglutitive failure.
Definición de deglutition en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.