Definición de deglutition en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] technical
The action or process of swallowing: the muscles involved in deglutition [count noun]: oesophageal pressure peaks induced by a single deglutition
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The process of deglutition begins with the bolus formation in the oral cavity.
- These are inhibitory reflexes, excited by deglutition, by gastric distension, and by intestinal dilatation.
- Organic abnormalities of deglutition may be related to initiation of the swallowing reflex in the oropharynx or to propulsion of the food bolus through the esophagus.
- Example sentences
- Sudden eruption of the deglutitive phase occurs in states of collapse and shock.
- However incomplete deglutitive relaxation in LES and primary peristaltic waves were detected in several patients with achalasia.
- The proposed muscle strengthening exercise program is effective in restoring oral feeding in some patients with deglutitive failure.
Definición de deglutition en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan