Sad and depressed; dispirited: he stood in the street looking dejected
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His life's labor and meaning reduced to nothing, Cipriano returns home, dejected and depressed.
- The inability of entering Western intellectual society made them feel dejected and depressed.
- But, yet again, I failed miserably and came away feeling dejected, disheartened, deflated and demoralised.
downcast, downhearted, despondent, disconsolate, dispirited, crestfallen, cast down, depressed, disappointed, disheartened, discouraged, demoralized, crushed, desolate, heartbroken, broken-hearted, heavy-hearted, low-spirited, in the doldrums, sad, unhappy, doleful, melancholy, miserable, woebegone, forlorn, long-faced, fed up, wretched, glum, gloomy, dismal;
informal blue, choked, down, down in the mouth, down in the dumps
British informal brassed off, cheesed off, looking as if one had lost a pound and found a penny
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- I sat clumsily on the floor and slumped against the wall dejectedly.
- He took a deep breath in, and let it out slowly, his chest falling dejectedly.
- Having claimed his full attention, she sighed aloud quite dejectedly.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: de|ject¦ed
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda