- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Of course he would be pale - one doesn't get much sun in England - but his paleness marked him as an outsider amongst these tan Delawareans.
- The artists to be included were native Delawareans, studied in Delaware or made their careers in the state.
sustantivo (plural igual or Delawares)
- 1A member of an American Indian people formerly inhabiting the Delaware River valley of New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This Indian Territory was where eastern Indian tribes such as the Kickapoos, Delawares, and Shawnees lived.
- Among the tribes represented were Delawares, Iroquois, Wyandots, Miamis, Ottawas, Pottawattamies, Creeks, Sac and Fox, Choctaw.
- Pontiac himself claimed to have waged war ‘solely on repeated invitations made me by the Delawares, Iroquois, and Shawnees.’
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Delaware or their languages.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Its name comes from a Delaware Indian word meaning ‘on the great plain’ and its 253,500 sq. kilometres range from Rocky snow peaks to hot springs to truly great plains.
- Wyoming is a word derived from a Delaware word which meant ‘extensive flats’ or ‘great bottom lands’.
- During his very active life Zeisberger managed to publish several works in the Delaware tongue.
named after the River Delaware (see Delaware1).