Causing harm or damage: divorce is assumed to have deleterious effects on children
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The world situation has had deleterious effects on a couple of international film festivals this week.
- And finally, it examines the deleterious effect that this might have on the performer and the people around them.
- I think, to that degree, it may have had a deleterious effect upon the medium since then.
harmful, damaging, detrimental, injurious, inimical, hurtful, bad, adverse, disadvantageous, unfavourable, unfortunate, undesirable;
destructive, pernicious, ruinous
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Other Faiths have other tenets, and should be allowed to practice their religion as they see fit, always providing that practice does not deleteriously affect others.
- That is, as long as adventure travel doesn't deleteriously affect the sacred traditions of the region.
- If you inherit a disease from your grandmother and it is a disease that manifests itself in the third generation, you yourself will be deleteriously affected.
Mid 17th century: via medieval Latin from Greek dēlētērios 'noxious' + -ous.
Palabras que riman con deleteriouscinereous, imperious, mysterious, Nereus, serious, Tiberius
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: dele|teri¦ous
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda