English or Dutch tin-glazed earthenware, typically decorated by hand in blue on a white background: [as modifier]: walls covered with delft tiles
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The body is hand painted in polychrome enamels in the Bristol delft style and decorated with a figure of a Chinese gentleman beckoning to a distant flock of birds (estimate €1,500 - €2,000).
- Other British politicians are commemorated on excavated English delft punch bowls, including some found at Philipsburg Manor in New York that are inscribed ‘Pitt & Liberty.’
- Each wall is painted in a different color, such as fuchsia, delft blue or bright orange.
Late 17th century (originally Delf ware): see Delft, where the pottery originated.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- I'm now ready to tackle a temporary exhibition about the city's most famous export - the blue and white hand-painted pottery known as delftware.
- Also available is a wide selection of English delftware, pottery, brass and early needlework, and fine English country furniture.
- Although light in weight and less prone to chipping than delftware, this new refined earthenware was still not as durable as white salt-glazed stoneware.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán