- A psychotic condition typical of withdrawal in chronic alcoholics, involving tremors, hallucinations, anxiety, and disorientation.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Major alcohol withdrawal or delirium tremens typically begins within 48 to 72 hours of the last drink, with peaking of symptoms on days 4 and 5.
- The most serious form of withdrawal is called delirium tremens, or ‘DTs.’
- The most serious acute withdrawal symptoms are seizures and delirium tremens, which most commonly occur with abrupt discontinuation.
early 19th century: from Latin, 'trembling delirium'.
Más definiciones de delirium tremensDefinición de delirium tremens en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.