Definición de demented en inglés:
1Suffering from dementia.
- The diagnosis of an independent depressive disorder becomes difficult in the demented patient.
- High level of disability is associated with major depression, in both demented and nondemented people.
- On the flip side, cognition has improved in demented or impaired people given nutritional support.
1.1 informal , chiefly British Behaving irrationally due to anger, distress, or excitement: she was demented with worry
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- To me, it seemed like demented torture, and not very flattering.
- They fell in the gaily lit hall with a flutter like demented birds attempting flight.
- I probably looked more than a little demented, come to think of it.
mad, insane, deranged, out of one's mind, not in one's right mind, crazed, lunatic, unbalanced, unhinged, unstable, disturbed, distracted, as mad as a hatter, as mad as a March hare, stark mad;
Latinnon compos mentis;
informal crazy, mental, off one's head, out of one's head, off one's nut, nutty, nutty as a fruitcake, off one's rocker, not (quite) right in the head, round the bend, raving mad, stark staring/raving mad, bats, batty, bonkers, cuckoo, loopy, loony, bananas, loco, dippy, screwy, with a screw loose, touched, gaga, doolally, up the pole, not all there, out to lunch, off the wall, not right upstairs, away with the fairies
British informal barmy, crackers, barking, barking mad, round the twist, off one's trolley, as daft as a brush, not the full shilling, one sandwich short of a picnic
Canadian & Australian/New Zealand informal bushed
New Zealand informal porangi
- Example sentences
- Some way into the forest Kira stopped abruptly, pressed her nose to the earth and began to dig dementedly.
- His mother and favourite sister had died of tuberculosis in 1868 and 1877 respectively, and his father - driven close to insanity with grief - became almost dementedly pious.
- I started to laugh quietly, resentfully, dementedly.
- Example sentences
- I feel the need to comment on the dementedness of the human species every once in a while.
- Your name will become synonymous with sheer dementedness, as lesser men whisper your name in terror.
- But, when we do feel a slight bit dazed, it seems as though this dementedness is part of the film's charm.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan