- A bulbous narrow-necked bottle holding from 3 to 10 gallons of liquid, typically enclosed in a wicker cover.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He was quite proud of it as he had gone to the coop, ‘selected’ the wine, bought several demijohns, and bottled it himself.
- The imported liquor trade confined itself to a relatively narrow coastal strip because the fragile, bulky, heavy bottles and demijohns imposed transport restrictions.
- Its products were landed at a small number of southern coastal ports and in standard cases of bottles and demijohns which could be quickly counted.
mid 18th century: probably an alteration of French dame-jeanne 'Lady Jane', by association with demi- 'half-sized' and the given name John.
Más definiciones de demijohnDefinición de demijohn en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.