- Clark's legal team demonstrated that vital medical evidence had been suppressed by the prosecution.
- In this paper it is demonstrated that transient expression can easily be performed in ripe fleshy fruits.
- The applicant had demonstrated that health and safety guidelines had been complied with and approval of the mast was recommended.
- A group has been on a rally to London to demonstrate its feelings and has also spelt out its views to Institute chiefs in a bid to keep tuition fees as low as possible.
- Suddenly Duffy's charges began to demonstrate a bit of pluck.
- She demonstrates her impressive long distance catching here.
- The promoter had even installed a machine and demonstrated how these plates and cups were moulded.
- On the opening day of the exhibition, Pipop will demonstrate his painting skills by creating a painting in public.
- Techniques to minimise stress at work were demonstrated at the campaign.
- Couldn't the point be made equally effectively by demonstrating in some more public space where private homes and families wouldn't be disrupted?
- Thousands were demonstrating today - I think near the Ministry of Oil (though someone said it was somewhere else).
- Thousands were demonstrating today all over the country.
Mid 16th century (in the sense 'point out'): from Latin demonstrat- 'pointed out', from the verb demonstrare.
muster from Late Middle English:
The word muster has a military swagger to it, conjuring up a picture of troops gathering for inspection or in preparation for battle. In Australia and New Zealand, though, the things most often mustered are cattle, sheep, and other livestock that are scattered and need to be rounded up. The phrase to pass muster, ‘to be accepted as adequate or satisfactory’, was originally to pass the musters and referred to soldiers undergoing inspection without getting into trouble with senior officers. The word itself goes back to Latin monstrare ‘to show’, the source also of demonstrate (mid 16th century) and remonstrate (late 16th century).
Palabras que riman con demonstrateremonstrate
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.