- 1An act of showing that something exists or is true by giving proof or evidence: his demonstration of the need for computer corpora in language study is convincing [mass noun]: acts of faith are not capable of mathematical demonstrationMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In other words, Hume believed that any justified application of the inductive inference presupposes a demonstration that the conclusion is true.
- These ships were handed over to Turkey as a demonstration that Germany was Turkey's true friend at sea as well as on land.
- The second argument arises from the demonstration that mammalian mitochondria house the enzyme apparatus that is necessary for recombination.
- 1.1An outward show of a feeling or quality: physical demonstrations of affectionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- No matter that their little demonstration of affection had defrauded a couple out of their home, disappointed two rival suitors and left members of their family in debt.
- Nurturing Cancerians know how nourishing a simple demonstration of affection can be, so be sure to give someone a big drink of love sometime this week.
- There were no street parties or gala concerts, no spontaneous demonstrations of love and affection.
- 2A practical exhibition and explanation of how something works or is performed: a microwave cookery demonstrationMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The event will be staged in the beautiful surroundings of Riverstown, containing several hundred exhibits, craft demonstrations and live performances.
- Hyndman was running the family bookstore when Holst - who used to perform in-store cooking demonstrations in the days his dad owned the business - stopped in for a chat.
- As well as music and dancing, there was also an arts and crafts marquee offering a mixture of displays and practical demonstrations.
- 3A public meeting or march protesting against something or expressing views on a political issue: a pro-democracy demonstration demonstrations against the poll taxMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Moreover, the Act's wording is so sweeping that it can also be used to suppress any form of public political dissent, including demonstrations, pickets and protests.
- But the idea was aborted after protesters organised public meetings, demonstrations and petitions.
- The public began to challenge political leaders in demonstrations and marches.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I am referring to the fact that Brunelleschi's famous demonstrational panels aimed at offering an accurate visual rendition of precisely the two urban visual experiences Trachtenberg has so accurately observed and described.
- The Lapidary interface design tool is a demonstrational system that allows the graphics and run-time behaviors that go inside an application window to be specified pictorially.
- The wooden sphere at the centre of the armillary represents the Earth; such spheres were a common feature of demonstrational armillaries, and were frequently marked as terrestrial globes.