- Reduction in rank or status: she could remain on the staff if she accepted demotion to ordinary lecturer [count noun]: too many demotions would weaken moraleMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This weekend he was adamant that there was no rift with his former master, but was mystified about his demotion to the ranks.
- His sentence by a special court-martial judge includes discharge for bad conduct and demotion to the lowest rank of private.
- The two men also would face non-judicial punishments, which could include a loss of pay or demotion in rank.
early 20th century: from demote, on the pattern of promotion.
Más definiciones de demotionDefinición de demotion en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.