Definición de demyelinate en inglés:
verbo[with object] (usually as adjective demyelinating) Medicine
Cause the loss or destruction of myelin in (nerve tissue): a chronic demyelinating disease
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Multiple sclerosis is an inflammatory, autoimmune, demyelinating disease of the central nervous system.
- About 50% of patients with a first demyelinating episode develop multiple sclerosis; interferon decreases this risk.
- Currently, demyelinating diseases are permanent, and problems worsen as time goes on because there is no way to fix the underlying problem - restoring the myelin around the axons of brain cells.
- Example sentences
- Recent work is again focused on the vascular changes as a basis of the breakdown of the blood-brain barrier that precedes the inflammation and demyelination in a multiple sclerosis plaque.
- Postural hypotension has been associated with cerebral hypoperfusion and decreased oxygenation of the frontal lobes and with the presence of white matter lesions corresponding to demyelination and arteriosclerosis.
- The lesions of demyelination are histopathologically characteristic of the disease.
Definición de demyelinate en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan