verbo[with object] (usually as adjective demyelinating) Medicine
Cause the loss or destruction of myelin in (nerve tissue): a chronic demyelinating disease
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Multiple sclerosis is an inflammatory, autoimmune, demyelinating disease of the central nervous system.
- About 50% of patients with a first demyelinating episode develop multiple sclerosis; interferon decreases this risk.
- Currently, demyelinating diseases are permanent, and problems worsen as time goes on because there is no way to fix the underlying problem - restoring the myelin around the axons of brain cells.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Recent work is again focused on the vascular changes as a basis of the breakdown of the blood-brain barrier that precedes the inflammation and demyelination in a multiple sclerosis plaque.
- Postural hypotension has been associated with cerebral hypoperfusion and decreased oxygenation of the frontal lobes and with the presence of white matter lesions corresponding to demyelination and arteriosclerosis.
- The lesions of demyelination are histopathologically characteristic of the disease.
Definición de demyelinate en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.