Definición de demythologize en inglés:
1Reinterpret (a subject) so that it is free of mythical elements: the biographer undertakes to demythologize a man who is for many a modern saint
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘Stalin isn't subject to demythologizing, and this proves that he is alive,’ wrote Marina Koldovskaya in the liberal weekly magazine Novoye Vremya.
- Man would be free, he said, if we could demythologize religion.
- The ‘rape is violence’ feminists also sought to demythologise rape, to take away its special stigma.
1.1Reinterpret what are considered to be mythological elements of (the Bible).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The other side of his theology is demythologizing.
- My way of demythologizing the case for public funding of stem-cell research will not, I fear, make much difference, even if plausible.
- In the first part of the book, Stahl attempts to demythologize technology by demonstrating its implicit religious character.
Definición de demythologize en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda