Definición de den mother en inglés:
1The female leader of a den of Cub Scouts.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Your best choice would be a teacher, a camp councillor, a den mother or a girl scout troop leader, for example.
- My mother was my Cub Scout den mother and Sunday school teacher who got me started in Scouting, a path that led to receiving the Eagle Scout award from Troop 77 in Toccoa.
- Then backstage, 20 minutes later, the den mother who's running them is sobbing in disappointment, and the girls are all standing around her confused, not understanding why she's upset.
1.1A woman who plays a supportive or protective role for a particular group of people: the band’s business manager, cook, and de facto den mother
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The citation described Cora, who has been associated with NCEW for over 40 years, as "our den mother, our institutional memory, and the heart and soul of NCEW."
- In the '50s Lois began as the classic baby-boom mom: a romantic lover to her husband, a devoted den mother to her kids, and a civic activist to her community.
- She was a kind of den mother for everybody in the office.
Definición de den mother en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda