sustantivo[usually in place names] British
A vale, especially the deep, narrow, wooded valley of a small river: Rottingdean Deepdene
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Dene is a word from Northumbrian English used in Northumberland and Durham to refer to a steep-sided wooded valley through which a burn runs.
- Set within a spectacular incised valley, Holywell Dene is the only area of ancient semi-natural woodland remaining within North Tyneside.
sustantivo (plural igual)
2 [mass noun] Any of the Athabaskan languages of the Dene.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Several Athabaskan languages are official languages in the Northwest Territories, including Dene Suline, Dogrib or Tlicho, Gwichin, and Slavey.
- Since Sapir, linguists have linked the Na-Dene languages to Asian languages, but their work is not conclusive.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Dene or their languages.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In 2002, 32 athletes went to the games in Iqaluit and Nuuk, and won 20 medals, nine in the Inuit games and 11 in the Dene games.
- The pro-Native political message in the performance struck a chord with the Dene man.
- For some Dene language groups there are at present competing writing systems and different spelling practices.
From French Déné, from an Athabaskan word meaning 'people'.
Palabras que riman con Deneantennae, any, Benny, blenny, fenny, jenny, Kenny, Kilkenny, Lenny, many, penne, penny, Rennie • Aberdeen, Amin, aquamarine, baleen, bean, been, beguine, Benin, between, canteen, careen, Claudine, clean, contravene, convene, cuisine, dean, e'en, eighteen, fascine, fedayeen, fifteen, figurine, foreseen, fourteen, Francine, gean, gene, glean, gombeen, green, Greene, Halloween, intervene, Janine, Jean, Jeannine, Jolene, Kean, keen, Keene, Ladin, langoustine, latrine, lean, limousine, machine, Maclean, magazine, Malines, margarine, marine, Mascarene, Massine, Maxine, mean, Medellín, mesne, mien, Moline, moreen, mujahedin, Nadine, nankeen, Nazarene, Nene, nineteen, nougatine, obscene, palanquin, peen, poteen, preen, quean, Rabin, Racine, ramin, ravine, routine, Sabine, saltine, sardine, sarin, sateen, scene, screen, seen, serene, seventeen, shagreen, shebeen, sheen, sixteen, spleen, spring-clean, squireen, Steen, submarine, supervene, tambourine, tangerine, teen, terrine, thirteen, transmarine, treen, tureen, Tyrrhene, ultramarine, umpteen, velveteen, wean, ween, Wheen, yean
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda