A person who denies something, especially someone who refuses to admit the truth of a concept or proposition that is supported by the majority of scientific or historical evidence: a prominent denier of global warming a climate change denier
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But if you read on, you find that this only means that some of the long-standing evidence deniers merely keep on denying the evidence.
- In any case, to encourage debate about the theories of holocaust deniers is a wholly neutral and unremarkable activity.
- Holocaust deniers intentionally blur the distinction between the First Amendment right to speak freely, without government restraint, and the right to publicity, an audience, and scholarly consideration.
Palabras que riman con denierbiennia, quadrennia, quinquennia, septennia, triennia • acquire, admire, afire, applier, aspire, attire, ayah, backfire, barbwire, bemire, briar, buyer, byre, choir, conspire, crier, cryer, defier, desire, dire, drier, dryer, dyer, enquire, entire, esquire, expire, fire, flyer, friar, fryer, Gaia, gyre, hellfire, hire, hiya, ire, Isaiah, jambalaya, Jeremiah, Josiah, Kintyre, latria, liar, lyre, Maia, Maya, Mayer, messiah, mire, misfire, Nehemiah, Obadiah, papaya, pariah, peripeteia, perspire, playa, Praia, prior, pyre, quire, replier, scryer, shire, shyer, sire, skyer, Sophia, spire, squire, supplier, Surabaya, suspire, tier, tire, transpire, trier, tumble-dryer, tyre, Uriah, via, wire, Zechariah, Zedekiah, Zephaniah
1A unit of weight by which the fineness of silk, rayon, or nylon yarn is measured, equal to the weight in grams of 9,000 metres of the yarn and often used to describe the thickness of hosiery: 15-denier stockings
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is made of 210 - denier nylon with PVC coating.
- All are constructed of 300 - denier nylon and include lots of value-added features.
- For nylon bags, consider its denier, or thickness.
2A former French coin, equal to one twelfth of a sou, which was withdrawn in the 19th century.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- So maybe the French tennis playing public were playing for one ‘gros denier tournois ‘per point up to the maximum stake of sixty deniers for a game.’
- And it so happens that at about the same time there was a coin in circulation called a ‘gros denier tournois ‘which was worth 15 deniers.’
- That April, Descartes came in from Holland to argue against the existence of vacuums and ended up owing 15 deniers when Blaise set a shot of Sambuca on fire and made the glass stick to the palm of his hand.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán