Definición de denitrify en inglés:
verbo (denitrifies, denitrifying, denitrified)[with object]
(Chiefly of bacteria) remove the nitrates or nitrites from (soil, air, or water) by chemical reduction: indigenous bacteria denitrify groundwater
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Still other types of bacteria ‘denitrify’ soil by breaking down its nitrogen compounds and returning free nitrogen to the air.
- So, when there is denitrifying bacteria that means the nitrate is being put back into the atmosphere?
- Oxygen-depleted waters also provide the perfect environment for the growth of a specialized group of bacteria called denitrifying bacteria.
- Example sentences
- Other reactions unique to life, except at extremely high temperatures and pressures, include nitrogen fixation, nitrification and denitrification, sulphate and sulphur reduction, and methane formation.
- These conditions raise the potential for nitrification, leaching, denitrification, or runoff losses.
- Water table management may facilitate denitrification (conversion of nitrate to N-containing gases) in the off-season.
Definición de denitrify en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan