sustantivo (plural densities)[mass noun]
- 1The degree of compactness of a substance: a reduction in bone densityMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Because it is a weight bearing activity, skating can build bone density to a certain degree.
- Encouraging the consumption of this single food, milk, may have lasting implications for nutrient density, bone health and body weight.
- Syncopation in varying degrees of rhythmic density plays an important role in ‘Kohntarkosz.’
- 1.1 (also packing density) Computing A measure of the amount of information on a storage medium: [as modifier, in combination]: a low-density floppy diskMás ejemplos en oraciones
- With its incredibly high storage density, the DVD might just be the solution to two vexing problems.
- While in its early stages, the technology shows potential for high speed, high density storage of data, while retaining data even when power is turned off.
- One way to increase storage capacity is to increase the areal density of the medium.
- 1.2 Physics The quantity of mass per unit volume of a substance.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We are further informed that scientific theories fail at a singularity, which is an event involving infinite mass, density, pressure and temperature.
- The formula is easily derived by making assumptions about the mass density of the earth.
- That is based on its average density, calculated by dividing total mass by volume.
- 1.3The opacity of a photographic image.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- While the imagery was similar, the format and the images' density were not.
- Hot and cool colors come together explosively within individual dishes, offering various effects of density and opacity.
- Phone based cameras don't yet have sufficient image density to compete with true digital cameras, but they will in a few short years.
- 2The quantity of people or things in a given area or space: areas of low population density [count noun]: a density of 10,000 per square mileMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The low population density in rural areas makes the provision of specialized mental health services in those areas impractical.
- It is not known why the understory of the Hermit forest had such uncharacteristically low total stem density and total basal area.
- The Government should develop a specific number of roads every year according to the traffic density of the area concerned.
early 17th century: from French densité or Latin densitas, from densus 'dense'.