adjetivoChemistry , • historical
- Deprived of ‘phlogiston’. Oxygen was originally called dephlogisticated air by Joseph Priestley.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Burn a log in the fireplace, air carries off the phlogiston, and the dephlogisticated log reveals itself as a pile of ashes.
- When informed by Priestley about dephlogisticated air, Lavosier repeated the experiments quantitatively.
- After other attempts to release oxygen failed, Davy concluded that dephlogisticated muriatic acid gas was actually an element rather that a compound with oxygen.
Más definiciones de dephlogisticatedDefinición de dephlogisticated en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.