Definición de depict en inglés:
- The four-metre wide painting depicts a typical Lowry scene of Victorian life in a northern cotton town.
- The food is traditional hearty Saxon fair, and there are paintings on the wall depicting scenes from the play.
- All Arthur had was the rights to the novel and a portfolio of paintings depicting possible scenes.
- As in a disaster movie, the lives are depicted as parallel narratives, hinged on the impending disaster.
- Eltham is sometimes depicted as a deprived area with few recreation venues and nothing to offer children.
- Perhaps it is for this reason that hill running is sometimes depicted as an obscure offshoot of mainstream athletics.
Late Middle English: from Latin depict- 'portrayed', from the verb depingere, from de- 'completely' + pingere 'to paint'.
picture from Late Middle English:
The word picture goes back to a form of Latin pingere ‘to paint’, from which paint and pigment (Old English) also derive. Doan's Backache Kidney Pills, claiming to cure everything from rheumatism to diabetes, were promoted with the advertising slogan every picture tells a story. The first known advertisement using it appeared in the Daily Mail of 26 February 1904. The novelist Charlotte Brontë had anticipated the advertising copy, though: in 1847 she wrote in Jane Eyre, ‘The letter-press…I cared little for…Each picture told a story.’ A caption in the magazine Printer's Ink for 8 December 1927, read: ‘Chinese proverb. One picture is worth ten thousand words.’ There is no evidence at all that it is Chinese, but a picture is worth a thousand words has certainly gone on to be a modern English proverb. Depict (Late Middle English) is from the verb depingere ‘portray’, from de- ‘completely’ and pingere.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Rather than a depicter of heritage, Gorky is considered one of the founders of ‘Abstract Surrealism,’ and was tagged by André Breton as one of the most important painters in American history.
- Tsai's preternatural simplicity wondrously collapses the spaces between viewer and viewed, depicter and depicted.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- What is called the image aspect is also not intended to be depictive or explanatory.
- Whether committed to an art that is depictive or abstract, America-centered or Europe-centered, color-oriented or structure-oriented - everyone loves Hopper.
- Denied the challenge of human faces and bodies, Neel has little to offer other than a bold depictive style and some mildly modernist touches such as intentionally unfinished backgrounds and tilted-up planes.
Palabras que riman con depictaddict, afflict, conflict, constrict, contradict, convict, delict, evict, hand-picked, inflict, interdict, Pict, predict, reconvict, strict
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.