Definición de depigment en inglés:
verbo[with object] (usually as adjective depigmented)
Reduce or remove the pigmentation of (the skin).
- Patches of depigmented skin, now referred to as vitiligo, were cosmetically undesirable.
- Neurologic examination indicated that all of the depigmented areas were hypersensitive to cold, heat, pinprick, and touch, and for some of these areas, low-temperature stimuli were mistakenly identified as ‘hot’ and ‘burning’.
- Of note, an oval depigmented area about 2 cm in greatest diameter with irregular borders was present on the skin over the infant's left lateral trunk.
- Example sentences
- Provided that sun creams can be used for protection, the problem is only - though disturbingly - a cosmetic one, seriously so for dark-skinned people; small patches of depigmentation can also occur in the iris.
- Side effects of all topical treatments include allergic and contact dermatitis, depigmentation of surrounding normal skin, and postinflammatory hyperpigmentation.
- Although this was not readily apparent on general examination, close inspection of the patient's eyes found depigmentation of her outer eyelashes, suggesting a diagnosis of vitiligo.
Definición de depigment en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan