Definición de deplete en inglés:
- Their stocks were severely depleted by whaling, and they remain low.
- The use of modified plants would take the pressure off severely depleted fish stocks.
- Irrigation, of course, not only depletes groundwater but reduces surface flow too, with dams and diversions that cause downstream desertification and the loss of productive wetlands and freshwater fish stocks.
- With the rich mangroves depleting fast, the number of migratory birds has decreased over the years.
- Do oil deposits get depleted too fast as oil countries try to maximize their oil earnings?
- Municipal representatives said bread supplies were depleting.
early 19th century (earlier ( mid. 17th century) as depletion): from Latin deplet- 'emptied out', from the verb deplere, from de- (expressing reversal) + plere 'fill' (from plenus 'full').
- Example sentences
- In the 14 years since the Montreal Protocol banned most ozone depleters, a catastrophic global menace has begun to recede.
- The phaseout stems from evidence that methyl bromide is an ozone depleter, that is, a substance that destroys the protective ozone layer of Earth's atmosphere.
- Methyl bromide, which is still sometimes used as a termiticide, aerates more slowly and is an ozone depleter.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.