Definición de deplore en inglés:
- He acknowledges a common humanity, denouncing modern race slavery in the strongest terms and deploring the disappearance of Indian civilizations into a historical void in which their cultural meanings would be forever lost.
- The official condemnations of the bombing, therefore, focus not on deploring the act but on lamenting the consequences.
- He said: " The council deplores all acts of violence ".
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- James looked at me deploringly and not in the least guilty looking at all.
- Colleen groaned and rolled onto her side, looking deploringly at her mother.
To deplore something was originally to weep over it, then regret deeply. The sense weakened over time until in the mid 19th century it was merely to disapprove strongly. The word comes from Latin deplorare, from de- ‘away, thoroughly’ and plorare ‘bewail’.
Palabras que riman con deploreabhor, adore, afore, anymore, ashore, awe, bandore, Bangalore, before, boar, Boer, bore, caw, chore, claw, cocksure, comprador, cor, core, corps, craw, Delors, door, draw, drawer, evermore, explore, flaw, floor, for, forbore, fore, foresaw, forevermore, forswore, four, fourscore, furthermore, Gábor, galore, gnaw, gore, grantor, guarantor, guffaw, hard-core, Haugh, haw, hoar, ignore, implore, Indore, interwar, jaw, Johor, Lahore, law, lessor, lor, lore, macaw, man-o'-war, maw, mirador, mor, more, mortgagor, Mysore, nevermore, nor, oar, obligor, offshore, onshore, open-jaw, or, ore, outdoor, outwore, paw, poor, pore, pour, rapport, raw, roar, saw, scaur, score, senhor, señor, shaw, ship-to-shore, shop-floor, shore, signor, Singapore, snore, soar, softcore, sore, spore, store, straw, swore, Tagore, tau, taw, thaw, Thor, threescore, tor, tore, torr, trapdoor, tug-of-war, two-by-four, underfloor, underscore, war, warrantor, Waugh, whore, withdraw, wore, yaw, yore, your
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.