Definición de depressant en inglés:
(Chiefly of a drug) reducing functional or nervous activity.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It is also necessary to exclude reversible causes of failure of brain function, including depressant drugs and hypothermia.
- Users often present with multiple drug ingestions, which may include stimulant and depressant drugs.
- These data underscore the need for clinicians to search for problems with other depressant drugs and to take care before prescribing benzodiazepines in alcohol-dependent individuals.
sustantivoVolver al principio
1A depressant drug.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Phenothiazines, tricyclic antidepressants, and CNS depressants may potentiate the therapeutic and adverse effects of opioids.
- The report also suggests that the number of new users has been climbing since the mid-1980s, the largest increase occurring with the depressants oxycodone, methadone and morphine.
- Interactions with benzodiazepines, pentobarbital, and other central nervous system depressants can yield additional sedative effects.
1.1An influence that depresses economic activity: higher taxation is a depressant
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The debate, in other words, boils down to whether or not the stimulus of increased government spending has a stronger effect on the economy in the short term than the depressant of higher interest rates.
- He argues that, despite the severe strain on population and economic growth caused by the slave trade, the economy continued to expand from the seventeenth to the nineteenth century, and the colonial state acted as an economic depressant rather than a stimulant.
- The independence wars' impact has generally been seen as a depressant on economic activity, resulting in a general stagnation that lasted until at least mid-century, with a few exceptions.
Palabras que riman con depressantacquiescent, adolescent, albescent, Besant, coalescent, confessant, convalescent, crescent, effervescent, erubescent, evanescent, excrescent, flavescent, fluorescent, immunosuppressant, incandescent, incessant, iridescent, juvenescent, lactescent, liquescent, luminescent, nigrescent, obsolescent, opalescent, pearlescent, phosphorescent, pubescent, putrescent, quiescent, suppressant, turgescent, virescent, viridescent
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda