Definición de deputy en inglés:
sustantivo (plural deputies)
1A person who is appointed to undertake the duties of a superior in the superior’s absence: his deputy has been largely running the business for the past year [as modifier]: the deputy prime minister
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Tomorrow I hand over the Principal Clerk's duties to my deputy.
- The National Railway Museum has appointed a new deputy head with a strong background in serving York's heritage.
- In May 1998, he was appointed deputy assistant commissioner with the Metropolitan Police.
second in command, second, number two, subordinate, junior, auxiliary, adjutant, lieutenant, subaltern, assistant, personal assistant, PA, aide, helper, right-hand man, henchman, underling;
substitute, stand-in, acting, reserve, fill-in, caretaker, temporary, short-term, provisional, stopgap, surrogate, proxy, representative;
Latinpro tempore, ad interim
North American informal pinch-hitting
1.1A parliamentary representative in certain countries: the communists had numbered 324 out of the 450 deputies
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Certain professions entailing privacy issues - such as priests, lawyers and parliamentary deputies - were excluded from the provisions of the law.
- A total of 349 million people were eligible to vote for the 732 deputies of the European Parliament.
- As the protest continued three parliamentary deputies attempted to discuss the teachers' concerns.
1.2British A coal mine official responsible for safety.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The general secretary of the pit deputies union said it was ironic British mineworkers were wanted in Australia.
- The dockers went on strike in July and pit deputies in the union threatened to strike in October.
- He was a pit deputy at Redbrook colliery on the outskirts of Barnsley, in a different union.
- historical Instructing another person to act in one’s stead; by proxy: the wardens of the forests performed important duties by deputyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- These clerks were appointed by patent for life, and were allowed to perform their duties by deputy.
- The Registrar shall discharge such duties in respect of examinations as may be delegated to him by the Senate and he may perform these duties by deputy.
- Colonial offices were often granted to men who had obligations and duties in England, who had no intention of leaving England, and who performed their colonial duties by deputy.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Formal request for resignation from a deputyship is dependent on the approval of the Parliamentary General Assembly.
- The deputyship presented an objection on the release sentence, the court accepted it and issued its sentence to call off the release.
- Moreover, our clients are persons who were occupied or are still occupied with politics and hold public deputyships.
Palabras que riman con deputyshufti • casualty
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda