verbo[with object] Biochemistry & Genetics
- Activate (enzymes, genes, etc.) from an inoperative or latent state.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- About 3% of yeast genes are derepressed in tup1 mutants, as determined by microarray analysis.
- In addition, these mutations were able to derepress endogenous genes at HML.
- Starvation for histidine derepresses the entire operon, the longest then known.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Indeed, guk1 and hpt1 mutants share several phenotypes (adenine derepression, purine excretion, and 8-azaguanine resistance).
- The importance of the nucleosome in gene regulation is supported by the finding that mutations that alter intracellular levels of histones lead to transcriptional derepression of a variety of genes.
- This model also predicts that deletion of the Set1 histone methyltransferase would lead to the derepression of subtelomeric genes.
Más definiciones de derepressDefinición de derepress en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.