Definición de derision en inglés:
Contemptuous ridicule or mockery: my stories were greeted with derision and disbelief
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Contempt and derision were now poured not upon the heretical supporters of change, but upon their orthodox opponents.
- Serious debate is not welcome in the mainstream; dissent is treated with derision and contempt, or ignored.
- The name itself connotes derision and contempt for the inhabitants of the compound.
contempt, vilification, obloquy;
hold (or have) in derision
- archaic Regard with mockery.Oraciones de ejemplo
- The mouth of one with understanding is praised by a man, but the dull of heart is held in derision.
- Again, there is comedy as she undergoes training for her royal role and tries to reconcile royalty with being held in derision by her school contemporaries.
- It is a scandal - and surely the deepest of ironies - that he should be ignored, scorned or held in derision in the very places where knowledge and wisdom are deemed to be sought and taught.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- I arrived at the Exam Schools this morning to find that all lectures had been cancelled because of a derisible sit-in protest.
- Workers can passionately complain about some derisible human specimen, only to be seen joking heartily with them seconds later.
- Fines as set are often derisible for motoring infringements.
Palabras que riman con derisioncircumcision, collision, concision, decision, division, elision, envision, excision, imprecision, incision, misprision, precisian, precision, provision, scission, vision
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán