Expressing contempt or ridicule: he gave a harsh, derisive laugh
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- At the time, I took those words to heart, mostly because there was no voice in the media to simply laugh out loud in derisive response.
- If all goes well next weekend, his reign might end not with a bang but a derisive laugh.
- He gave a short, derisive laugh, but the gleam in his eyes was bitter.
mocking, ridiculing, jeering, scoffing, jibing, pillorying, teasing, derisory, snide;
disdainful, disparaging, denigratory, dismissive, slighting, detracting, contemptuous;
sneering, scornful, taunting, insulting;
caustic, scathing, sarcastic;
British informal sarky
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- People who are pining for easy, one-syllable answers find this kind of uninformed derisiveness compelling.
- ‘Very helpful,’ she said, with a tint of derisiveness, and opened the door.
- In this context, accusation of metrical deformity by way of human infirmity accrues an unusually multi-valent derisiveness.
Mid 17th century: from derision, on the pattern of the pair decision, decisive.
Palabras que riman con derisivedecisive, divisive, incisive
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda