Definición de derisive en inglés:
Expressing contempt or ridicule: he gave a harsh, derisive laugh
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- At the time, I took those words to heart, mostly because there was no voice in the media to simply laugh out loud in derisive response.
- If all goes well next weekend, his reign might end not with a bang but a derisive laugh.
- He gave a short, derisive laugh, but the gleam in his eyes was bitter.
caustic, scathing, sarcastic;
British informal sarky
mid 17th century: from derision, on the pattern of the pair decision, decisive.
- Example sentences
- People who are pining for easy, one-syllable answers find this kind of uninformed derisiveness compelling.
- ‘Very helpful,’ she said, with a tint of derisiveness, and opened the door.
- In this context, accusation of metrical deformity by way of human infirmity accrues an unusually multi-valent derisiveness.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan