- 1The lateral wall of each somite in a vertebrate embryo, giving rise to the connective tissue of the skin. Compare with myotome, sclerotome.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the thoracic region, the myotome has grown ventrally to meet the ventral edge of the dermatome, the cells have become spindle shaped.
- In the embryo dermatomes can be represented as horizontal stripes on the body surface.
- The dermatomes do no more than represent the original relationship of the limb buds to the trunk at the earliest stage of development of the embryo.
- 1.1 Physiology An area of the skin supplied by nerves from a single spinal root.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Referred pain has many of the characteristics of parietal pain but is felt in remote areas supplied by the same dermatome as the diseased organ.
- The characteristic vesicular rash of herpes zoster usually affects a single dermatome and rarely crosses the midline.
- The pain is associated with partial weakness in the muscles supplied by the involved nerve root and sensory loss in the appropriate dermatome.
Más definiciones de dermatomeDefinición de dermatome en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.