Definición de derogatory en inglés:
Showing a critical or disrespectful attitude: she tells me I’m fat and is always making derogatory remarks
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The people who made the derogatory remarks were a group whose tongues may have been loosened by drink.
- I was disappointed that he had to resort to derogatory and intolerant remarks to try to be funny.
- People have lost their jobs over derogatory remarks made in blogs, but can you be sued for libel or defamation?
disparaging, denigratory, belittling, diminishing, slighting, deprecatory, depreciatory, depreciative, detracting, deflating;
critical, pejorative, negative, unfavourable, disapproving, uncomplimentary, unflattering, insulting;
hurtful, damaging, injurious;
informal mud-slinging, bitchy, catty
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Many of the incomers (or ‘white settlers’, as they are sometimes derogatorily known) are seeking a better quality of life away from the big cities.
- Roma, derogatorily known as gypsies, have lived in Eastern Europe since about 1300.
- This is why serious astrologers shrink away from what is somewhat derogatorily referred to as ‘sun-sign astrology‘.
Palabras que riman con derogatoryinterrogatory, supererogatory
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán