Definición de derrick en inglés:
- The derrick cranes being used for erection were then moved forward to the next segment and the cycle was repeated.
- The vessel to be fitted with winches, derricks, wheels and ordinary runners capable of handling lifts up to 2 tons.
- Today, two derrick cranes will move the heavy reactor and its related equipment to a trailer with 360 wheels on the pier.
- Soon drilling derricks, pipelines and roads carved up the region, and oil spills polluted lakes and rivers.
- Oil wells no longer require derricks, so west county's 7,000 rickety towers are largely gone.
- There were oil derricks and natural gas pipelines, grain elevators six stories high.
Early 17th century (denoting a hangman, also the gallows): from Derrick, the surname of a London hangman.
Derrick was first used to mean either the gallows or a hangman, and comes from the name of a London hangman who worked around 1600. This was then transferred to a tackle on a ship's mast, and from there extended to any hoisting device.
Palabras que riman con derrickalphanumeric, atmospheric, chimeric, cleric, climacteric, congeneric, Derek, Eric, esoteric, exoteric, ferric, generic, hemispheric, Herrick, Homeric, hysteric, mesmeric, numeric, skerrick, spheric, stratospheric
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.