- 1British (Of a local branch of a political party) reject (an existing MP) as a candidate in a forthcoming election: the ultimate disloyalty would be to deselect a long-standing MPMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The politician, who ran for the Green Party in last year's General Election, could be deselected as the party's candidate in next summer's City Council elections if the vote of no confidence is passed.
- A conservative election candidate who was deselected after a row over vote-rigging has been reinstated after a climbdown by party chiefs.
- The Tory member could face a battle to deselect him as the party's candidate at the general election.
- 2Turn off (a selected feature) on a list of options on a computer menu: deselect the SAVE CHANGES option for normal useMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The ability to select and deselect the files from the preview menu was hardly friendly, and I was initially left quite discouraged.
- It takes only a long click on the application icon then selecting / deselecting the run-in compatibility mode icon to give it a try.
- The effect palette allows you to quickly select and deselect color controls like levels, brightness, and curves, which helps you avoid retracing steps to make color changes.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Moreover, the impact has been minimised by the simple fact that not a single volume will be moved before October, and then staff can double-check a list of proposed deselections.
- Yesterday the leader rejected suggestions the deselections and resignation were evidence of the party being ‘out of touch’.
- She said she would do her best to bind the wounds of the association, which have been left gaping by the 40-plus members who signed the petition calling for her deselection.
Más definiciones de deselectDefinición de deselect en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.