- A surface layer of closely packed or cemented pebbles, rock fragments, etc., from which fine material has been removed by the wind in arid regions.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The stones in a desert pavement are usually about halfway embedded in the soil surface, with only their upper surfaces exposed, and are fairly tightly held in place.
- On some of the surfaces high above the valley floors, delicate volcanic ash deposits, some as old as 13.6 million years, lie just beneath the desert pavement - the loose rock and gravel too heavy for the wind to have blown away.
- Low mounds of silty soil pocked the stony desert pavement like so many frost-heaved ‘boils’ in an Arctic coastal plain.
Más definiciones de desert pavementDefinición de desert pavement en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.