Definición de deserve en inglés:
Do something or have or show qualities worthy of (a reaction which rewards or punishes as appropriate): the referee deserves a pat on the back [with infinitive]: we didn’t deserve to win
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He deserves some reward for all the hard work he puts in and now he just has to be more selfish.
- Irate shareholders wondered exactly what he had delivered to deserve such a reward.
- He has a job where most people will not even know he's part of the staff, he deserves a pat on the back.
merit, earn, warrant, rate, justify, be worthy of, be entitled to, have a right to, have a claim on, be qualified for, be good enough for
deserve a medal
- Have done something considered especially praiseworthy or heroic: as a psychiatric nurse he deserves a medal, anywayMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The firefighters were amazing, and the gas man deserves a medal.
- ‘I was so impressed with the organisation of the car park and the buses. Whoever organised it deserves a medal as do all the staff who were so positive and helpful,’ he said.
- This lady, who in my opinion deserves a medal, her family, and the decent law-abiding people of this country, have been seriously let down by the legal system and by the police.
deserve well (or ill) of
- Be worthy of good (or bad) treatment at the hands of.Oraciones de ejemplo
- ‘Zola’, he said, ‘deserves well of his country for not having lost faith in its ability to rule by law’ and concluded, ‘he was a moment in the history of human conscience.’
- The names of those who deserve well of their country would swell this report to too great dimensions.
- We hope that you will agree that she has, indeed, served us well and deserves well of us in return.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán