A structure by which two adjacent cells are attached, formed from protein plaques in the cell membranes linked by filaments.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Specialized structures were present, including microvilli of varying length, desmosomes, and cell membrane interdigitations.
- Hence the plug is a specialized cytoplasmic structure, unlike desmosomes, gap junctions, or septate junctions, which are formed from membrane appositions.
- The diagnosis was confirmed by the ultrastructural demonstration of large desmosomes and long microvilli at the cell surface.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Ultrastructural examination of the paraffin-embedded tissue demonstrated long and thin interdigitating cytoplasmic processes and desmosomal cell junctions between adjacent cell processes.
- Focal neuroendocrine membrane-bound dense-core granules surrounded by a slender halo and desmosomal intercellular junctions were demonstrated.
- They connect with the developing keratinocytes through intercellular connections, or desmosomal junctions.
1930s: from Greek desmos 'bond, chain' + -some3.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: desmo|some
Definición de desmosome en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda