- A structure by which two adjacent cells are attached, formed from protein plaques in the cell membranes linked by filaments.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Specialized structures were present, including microvilli of varying length, desmosomes, and cell membrane interdigitations.
- Hence the plug is a specialized cytoplasmic structure, unlike desmosomes, gap junctions, or septate junctions, which are formed from membrane appositions.
- The diagnosis was confirmed by the ultrastructural demonstration of large desmosomes and long microvilli at the cell surface.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Ultrastructural examination of the paraffin-embedded tissue demonstrated long and thin interdigitating cytoplasmic processes and desmosomal cell junctions between adjacent cell processes.
- Focal neuroendocrine membrane-bound dense-core granules surrounded by a slender halo and desmosomal intercellular junctions were demonstrated.
- They connect with the developing keratinocytes through intercellular connections, or desmosomal junctions.
1930s: from Greek desmos 'bond, chain' + -some3.
Más definiciones de desmosomeDefinición de desmosome en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.