Definición de desquamate en inglés:
verbo[no object] (usually as adjective desquamated)
(Of a layer of cells, e.g. of the skin) come off in scales or flakes: desquamated cells
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Dermoids are composed of mature epithelial tissues, a combination of skin, hair, desquamated epithelium, and teeth.
- Small numbers of epithelial giant cells were found admixed with acute inflammatory cells in the lamina propria and even among desquamated cells within the lumen of the appendix.
- The combination of sebum and desquamated cells provides an environment that is ripe for the growth of Propionibacterium acnes, the principal organism in inflammatory acne lesions.
early 18th century (in the sense 'remove the scales from'): from Latin desquamat- 'scaled', from the verb desquamare, from de- 'away from' + squama 'a scale'.
- Example sentences
- Local tissue reactions were confined to the treatment site and included erythema, swelling, desquamation, erosions, and eschar in most patients.
- Participants were asked about the dermatologic effects of the protocols with regard to dryness, desquamation, and irritation.
- This interfered with the normal process of desquamation, resulting in a build-up of keratin (retention hyperkeratosis).
- Example sentences
- Sections showed early patchy bronchopneumonia, centriacinar emphysema, and desquamative interstitial pneumonitis.
- However, the patient had desquamative interstitial pneumonitis and superimposed bronchopneumonia, not pulmonary embolism.
- Red lesions may also be due to desquamative gingivitis, erythroplasia, haemangiomas, orofacial granulomatosis, Crohn's disease, sarcoidosis, Wegener's granulomatosis, and neoplasms such as carcinoma and Kaposi's sarcoma.
Definición de desquamate en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan