- An institution for the short-term detention of illegal immigrants, refugees, people awaiting trial or sentence, or (formerly in the UK) young offenders.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- During this angry period he committed some crimes as a result of which he was sent to a detention centre and to Borstal.
- A few years ago, the KMT government had planned to remodel the camp as a detention center for young offenders.
- Gao began his hunger strike on Feb.19 when he was paroled by the Taipei Prison and transferred to the detention center to await deportation.
Más definiciones de detention centreDefinición de detention centre en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.