Definición de deteriorate en inglés:
Become progressively worse: relations between the countries had deteriorated sharply (as adjective deteriorating) deteriorating economic conditions
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Indeed, as far as the railways are concerned, they are far worse and set to deteriorate further in the short term.
- There is growing unrest in Hong Kong over deteriorating economic and social conditions.
- If bond prices rise, it could imply that experts reckon economic conditions are deteriorating.
collapse, fail, fall, drop, sink, slump, slip, slide, go downhill, go backwards, go to rack and ruin, stagnate, wane, ebb
Australian/New Zealand informal go to the pack
wither, atrophy, weaken, fade, break up, disintegrate, become dilapidated, crumble, fall down, collapse, fall apart, fall to pieces
- Example sentences
- According to Hillman as well as Hillman and Ursprung, liberalization has a deteriorative effect on economic performance until a cultural adaptation takes place.
- Molecular mobility within preserved biological materials provides a first approximation of the rate of deteriorative reactions that ultimately affect shelf-life.
- In a seminal article, Leopold defined senescence in plant cells, along the lines previously proposed by Medawar, as ‘the deteriorative processes that are natural causes of death’.