Definición de determined en inglés:
1Having made a firm decision and being resolved not to change it: [with infinitive]: Alina was determined to be heard
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There is so much we don't know about September 11, and the government seems determined that we should continue not to know.
- He returned from England in 1991 determined that his village would have a proper school to offer education to the children.
- He returned home disillusioned, but determined that he would never lose another race under any circumstances.
1.1Possessing or displaying resolve: Helen was a determined little girl a determined effort to reduce inflation
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He said he had made consistent and determined efforts to resolve the matter and had visited the workers on a number of occasions to lend his support.
- Still, he paid a handsome enough dividend for the place and it was a gutsy determined effort on the part of the horse and rider Fran Flood.
- They simply ripped them limb from limb in the second half with a ferociously determined and hungry display which left Cork begging for mercy.
resolute, full of determination, purposeful, purposive, resolved, decided, adamant, single-minded, firm, unswerving, unswervable, unwavering, undaunted, fixed, set, intent, insistent;
steadfast, staunch, stalwart, earnest, manful, deliberate, unfaltering, unhesitating, unflinching, persevering, persistent, pertinacious, indefatigable, tenacious, bulldog, strong-minded, strong-willed, unshakeable, unshaken, steely, four-square, dedicated, committed;
stubborn, dogged, obstinate, obdurate, inflexible, relentless, intransigent, implacable, unyielding, unbending, immovable, unrelenting;
spirited, brave, bold, courageous, plucky, stout, stout-hearted, mettlesome, indomitable, strenuous, vigorous, gritty, stiff;
North American rock-ribbed
rare perseverant, indurate
- Example sentences
- Les Dames is a film set on a path, a film of the determinedness of the future because of the past and the subsequent constricting in the present made clear by the use and relationship of image and sound.
- In the center, the focus of their attention is a cordless telephone which seems to be mocking them in its determinedness not to ring.
- Her voice was that of a girl, barely more than a child, but there was a determinedness in it which marked her as a Princess without a doubt.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia