Deserving intense dislike: I found the film’s violence detestable
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I felt I was a detestable person and I hated myself and had all the feelings of failure.
- Allen's characters, both the admirable ones and the detestable ones, are intensely alive, and we know this by their distinctive voices.
- The most vulnerable members of our society fall victim to the repulsive and detestable warlords and gang masters who conceal their depraved activity behind closed doors.
abhorrent, detested, hateful, hated, loathsome, loathed, despicable, despised, abominable, abominated, execrable, execrated, repellent, repugnant, repulsive, revolting, disgusting, distasteful, horrible, horrid, horrifying, awful, heinous, reprehensible, obnoxious, odious, nauseating, offensive, contemptible
late Middle English: from Old French, or from Latin detestabilis, from the verb detestari (see detest).
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘We shouldn't have come this far,’ he said quietly, some irrepressible and detestably responsible instinct rising up and taking him by surprise.
- The woman was detestably sensible, opinionated, and outspoken and her son trusted her reasoning above all things, except, perhaps his own.
- The thing is, is not cowardly, but profoundly and detestably wicked.