Explode or cause to explode: [no object]: two other bombs failed to detonate [with object]: a trigger that can detonate nuclear weapons
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If it did smash into the Earth the effect would be like detonating thousands of nuclear bombs, killing billions of people and wiping out an area the size of Europe.
- Pakistan and India declared themselves nuclear powers after detonating atomic bombs in 1998.
- That accord specifically prohibited countries from detonating nuclear weapons in space.
early 18th century: from Latin detonat- 'thundered down or forth', from the verb detonare, from de- 'down' + tonare 'to thunder'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The script uses almost every word as detonative symbol.
- The tube is then subjected to a detonative shock from a high explosive donor charge.
- Suggestion was made that the energy being produced during detonative combustion can be utilized for useful work, e.g. rock mining in a quarry.